Sunday, January 5, 2014

My Goat Mua

Last summer I had the privilege of becoming a goat owner, I got two little Nigerian Dwarf goats from my friend Ellen.  I must say that goats by far have been the best pets/ lawn mowers that my family and I have ever owned.  They just keep eating and making fertilizer each and every day.  Unfortunately the older Goat Mua passed away a couple of days ago.  Upon returning from vacation she seemed a little weak and was walking kind of funny.  I wasn't sure what was going on so I brought her in under the carport area.  At the time it was storming and Hawai'i island was under a flash flood warning. I though it might be her feet because it was raining so much, but figured out she had worms.  It took her three days to die, I bought the medicine and came home but it was too late.  She was gone.  Even though this was a very sad event for me and my family, Mua will not be forgotten because she has taught me a few very important lessons.

The MUA Principle

Lesson 1:  Stock Up On Knowledge
  • Its better to have knowledge even if you don't need it right away. 
  • Know who to call to ask questions, what to read,  who to listen to when you need answers.
  • Better to be tired and learning, then to be tired of learning!
Lesson 2:  Take Action
  • Once you have the knowledge take action.
  • Learn by doing, keep doing by evaluating what you are learning.
  • If what you are doing isn't working go back to lesson 1 and try again until you get the result you want.
Lesson 3:   Doubt Your Doubt
  • I had doubts if my diagnosis was right but didn't move on it.  Doubt your doubts, when it is a matter of life, death, or lively hood.  Do It!
  • Be willing to change your game plan if the plan seems to be taking you in the wrong direction.
  • Evaluate and follow through,  when you make a change look at it and ask others to give you their view.
Lesson 4:  Challenge the Storm
  • Storms bring rain, wind, and thunder and sometimes it can leave you in shock not wanting to go out, but there is always a calm in the storm.  Wait for it them move.
  • Many times the storm comes to test you to see if you have the mental toughness to see, do, and continue on the right path.
  • Deciding to do nothing during the storm is a decision to fail.   Keep moving forward even when there are set backs control you thoughts to move forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment